Multi-Day Adventure Tour
Experience Panama in a way few people do! An amazing journey through the Panamanian countryside, including the most beautiful and interesting destinations in the country. A perfect mix of beaches, mountains, popular destinations, and off-the-beaten-path exploration.
- Hike to hidden waterfalls in the rainforest.
- Snorkel around tiny tropical islands.
- Explore off the beaten path.
- Visit the world-famous Panama Canal.
- Photograph wildlife in their natural environment.
Full support throughout and flexibility to customize! Choose your ideal dates, tour length, activities, and how much time to spend at each destination.
Itinerary (8 Days, 7 Nights)
Day 1) Arrive in Panama City
Day 2) Panama Canal Locks, Countryside & Wildlife Night Tour
Day 3) Santa Fe National Park Hiking to Hidden Waterfalls
Day 4) Santa Fe River Tubing & Santa Catalina
Day 5) Coiba Island National Park Snorkeling Tour
Day 6) Santa Catalina at Leisure & Boquete
Day 7) Boquete Canopy Zip-line, Cloudforest Hiking, Birdwatching, or Coffee Farm Tour & Afternoon Flight to Panama City
Day 8) Transfer to International Airport
Easily Add: Extra Night in Boquete, Bocas del Toro Extension, Guna Yala, Bayano Lake Caves, El Valle, Las Lajas Beach
Price per person: US$1,850.00 + 7% tax (based on private double room).
Includes. All internal transportation, 12 meals, lodging, the best tours available on each destination, fully bilingual expert local guides, and general support throughout.
Not Included. International airfare, airport taxes, 7 dinners/1 lunch, alcoholic beverages, excess baggage charges, extras in hotels (laundry, telephone calls, room service).
1. Panama City. Founded in 1519, Panama City is the first European settlement on the Pacific coast of the American Continent. Enjoy a nice walk in the narrow streets of the lovely old town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2. The Panama Canal. Learn about the history and operations of this engineering marvel of the world as you watch huge cargo ships passing by.
2. Panamanian Countryside. Cross the bridge over the Panama Canal and get a glimpse of the countryside, making stops along the way to try local snacks, take photos, and have lunch in a restaurant by the beach.
3. Santa Fe National Park. A hiker’s paradise with amazing mountain views, lush rainforest, lots of waterfalls, and pleasant temperatures to hike and swim in the rivers and natural pools. Being an off-the-beaten-path destination makes it an excellent destination for experiencing authentic Panamanian culture.
4. Santa Catalina & Coiba Island. Arguably the best snorkeling and scuba diving in Panama is at Coiba Island National Park, and arguably the best beginner and expert surfing at Santa Catalina
5. Las Lajas Beach (optional). One of the longest beaches in Central America, with miles upon miles of unpopulated coastline stretching as far as the eye can see. The water is warm, the sand is soft, and it’s a lot of fun to play in the waves.
6. Boquete. Panama’s #1 mountain town is nestled in a valley where flowers bloom everywhere and rainbows are a common sight. With pleasant temperatures year-round, and home to small family-run coffee farms producing some of the highest quality coffee in the world.
7. Bocas del Toro (optional). Laid-back Caribbean lifestyle, white sand beaches, banana plantations, lush rainforests, coral reefs, turquoise seas, exotic marine life, and mangrove coves. Very informal and popular with surfers and backpackers. Some love it, others not so much, therefore, it is important to be clear this is not a destination for everyone. It is a popular “touristic” spot for young travelers who want to go to the beach and party at night. If this is not what you have in mind, there are ways around it. The natural beauty and Caribbean vibe are worth a visit, but careful selection of where to stay and what to do will play an important role to make sure you have a good time.
8. Guna Yala (optional). Very interesting destination providing a rare opportunity to feel like traveling back in time while experiencing a unique indigenous culture, not to mention the picture-perfect tropical islands. The catch is the very basic accommodations, limited infrastructure in general, and possible cultural shock. Recommended to visit primarily for the culture and welcome the beautiful scenery as a really nice bonus.
9. Bayano Lake Caves (optional). An off-the-beaten-path adventure where you’ll get to feel the adrenaline pumping through your veins as you walk deep into an underground river and appreciate spectacular rock formations created by the hand of time while thousands of bats come out to greet you. Not for the faint of heart.
“Awesome!” Our family of 4 (husband, wife, son 25, and daughter 22) all LOVED our adventure tour with Luis Calvo, who made our trip to Panama everything we had hoped for and more. We all grew quite fond of Luis (in only a week!), who took care of all our needs with aplomb, led us on amazing adventures, and provided great company as well. Though I am always a bit skeptical about promises to take tourists “off the beaten track”, Luis really did!
“6-Star Multi-Day Adventure” Luis was our guide for an 8-day whirlwind adventure all over Panama. IT WAS AWESOME! What was so great, was that Luis was able via our extended email exchange to learn about what my husband and I are most interested in and highly customize a tour that was perfect for us. I cannot recommend Luis enough. Really.
“Luis was amazing!” You absolutely cannot go wrong in trusting your Panama vacation to Luis Calvo. From the first email to the last hug goodbye at the airport the time spent with him was invaluable. You simply can’t put a price on his knowledge of his country, his attention to detail, his ability to anticipate your wants and needs, and his professionalism.
“A perfect trip!” My husband and I just returned from a 10-day visit to Panama with the expert attention of Luis Calvo. It was perfect! Luis quickly became a dear friend as he accompanied us on our travels. Luis showed us the beauty and hospitality of a great country. Thanks to him, we wouldn’t change a thing!